Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Future of Whatever!

I really enjoyed this assignment. Mr. Wesch is an extremely sophisticated and brilliant man. He seems so passionate about technology in education, and it seems like he does an amazing job working with his students. Mr. Wesch and his class brought up an interesting viewpoint about social networking that I have never thought about before. When I get on youtube, I just watch the videos. I do not think about who the people are that made or participated in it, nor do I think about their reasoning behind it. I just simply watch.

Now that I think about Mr. Wesch's observation, I completely agree with all of it. It is like these people can and are being someone completely different than who they are, and then they present it to the world. Or, they are being themselves and are bearing all kinds of personal information out on the line, for anyone to see or hear. Why is this so easy? Because they are sitting in a room by themselves staring into a camera. Like the video mentioned, it takes away all of the social anxiety that comes with making eye contact, or telling a deep dark secret to someone.

I think this does compare to my personal life and my college experience, because these are the social networking sites I use. It is awkward for me to have a face to face conversation these days, because I am so used to sending a tweet or writing on someone's wall. I am not sure what this means for my future career. I think that I will encourage my students to use networking sites, so they can reach the rest of the world.

0 comments: