Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Saturday, February 20, 2010

www.alicechristie.org

Click here to explore this website!


I loveeeddddd this site. I could spend hours and hours exploring it. She has a ton of useful information for current and future teachers. It is a great starting site for someone who is new to using technology in the classroom. The section I found most interesting was the constructivism link located under the Educational Technology tab. I am a huge supporter of constructivist teaching and learning in the classroom, so obviously I really enjoyed this link. When you click on the constructivist tab, you first read an explanation of this theory of learning, followed by seven principles that support this theory. Dr. Christie then provides SERVERAL wonderful links to examples of teachers facilitating these principles.

Constructivist Section

Here are a few of my favorite examples...

Mrs. Silverman's 2nd Grade Class:Stellaluna's Friends
KidSpired Tales

I hope you enjoy these examples. I am sure that the students really enjoyed making these projects, and as you can tell, they learned a lot!

0 comments: