Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Saturday, February 20, 2010

ITunes U

ITunes U is genius. I can't believe I have never explored this resource until now. I have a mac and an ITouch, and I could have been using this tool all along, but did not really know about it. Not only will this be great when I am a teacher, but it is helpful to me as a student. I am able to listen to lectures from the world's most renowned universities. I subscribed to Stanford's link and enjoyed listening to their podcasts on education. It is rather mind bloggling to me that the idea is simply... giving away free instruction that some students are paying thousands of dollars for by attending these universities. Granted, by listening to it you aren't going to receive a degree, but still, the thought is pretty interesting. I found an article by The Washington Post that talked a little bit on this topic... Enjoy.

Click here to read the article, "Is ITunes for You?

Since I have never used ITunes you, I was not sure of where to start. So, I googled the topic, and the website I found most useful was the apple site giving an introduction to the tool. It explains what it is for, how it works, etc. I enjoyed this video which is a basic introduction to ITunes U.

This resource is not only for universities. It contains a section for K-12 Instruction from around the world. Just like the university section, not just any school can be a part of it, it is only a select few that really know what they are doing and are getting some great things done.


Click here guys. Too funny.

I found this under Texas A&M "Wired Study Tips"

0 comments: