Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Comments4Kids




Week 4/ Mr. C's Class Blog- The title of of the post I was assigned to was called, "To Build A Fire." My student used the tool www.goanimate.com to make a short cartoon. The cartoon was a man on fire and then he walked his dog in front of a silhouette of buildings. I commented that it was very creative and the details were amazing and interesting. I also that it looked like hard work to create this piece of art and that I was very impressed : )

Week 5/ Mr. Lamshed's Class- The title of the post was "Tie Tuesday Photos." I was not sure of what Tie Tuesday was so I researched more of the blog and I learned that it was a day that the boy's wore ties; the lesson is so that they will know how to tie ties! I commented that the class truly seemed like a "community" of learners, and that it was great to see a class doing an interactive project. Also, around the world other class are joining in and I think that is awesome.

Week 6/ Pesburne- I was assigned to comment on Kefu's post, and it was artwork that he created; it was a blue background with white bubbles. Kefu said that he chased and played with the shiny bubbles. I told him that bubbles were very interesting and I hope he enjoyed himself. I said that his artwork was very detailed and sophisticated.

Week 7/ Quam Students- My post was titled, "My Favorite Superhero." The student said his favorite superhero was Flash, because he has a cool outfit, he can run on water, and he can run around the world really fast. He said he does not understand why Batman and others are called superheroes because they do not have real powers. I posted that Flash seems like a cool guy and he has very useful characteristics. I added that it was very mature and smart of him to think analyze the meaning of superhero!

Week 8/180 Days of Kindergarten- I was assigned to Day 108, and I learned about everything they accomplished on this day. I commented that it was great to see such organization and technology in a Kindergarten classroom, and it is great to see how much they get done in one day. I also added that I really enjoyed a website that she posted about; it is a temperature learning website for kids.

Week 9/ JK McClung- I was assigned to a particaular lesson learned, which was, "Always Dress out for PE." Basically, he did not dress out for PE and split his pants while playing! I commented that it was a very valuable lesson learned, and that you learn something new everyday, whether you want to or not : )

Week 10/ Mrs. Kolbert's Student Blogs- My post was entitled,"Faces," and it was posted by Leo. He informed me that everytime he typed a smily face, it automatically turned into a computerized yellow smily. (I thought this was very humorous!) I told him that it was definitely a mystery and sometimes computers are crazy like that! I urged him to do some research to discover what was causing this.

Week 12/ Pesglaze- I commented on Sean's video about the beach. It was his first video, and he did a good job. He was very quiet, and all I could understand was that he saw dolphins leaping over the waves. I told him that he did a great job on his first video post, and I hope he keeps up the good work. I also added that I am sure the dolphins were beautiful.

Week 13/ Pesking- I commented on Ramona's story. Her post contained a short video of her and her friends bowling. She explained that her friends were doing very good, but she was not because it was her first time bowling. She also stated that the bowling ball was so heavy that she was scared it might break the floor. I commented that bowling was a fun sport, and it did not matter who won or lost, as long as you had fun with your friends. I told her that I was not very good at bowling, but my friends are supportive and we always have a good time. I told Ramona that she was a wonderful writer and to keep up the good work.

Week 14/ JK McClung- I commented on the post by teacher called "Explorer Tests Results." Basically, his students took a test to see what occupations they might be interested in, based on interests. I commented that I took one of these in high school, and I thought it was very beneficial. I said that I hope his students really enjoy the results, but also that they understand that they do not have to do what the test said!

0 comments: