Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Stubborn Zax



Although this cartoon was not made to be a put down for teaching methods, it certainly fits it well. Some teachers, a lot of teachers, are a Zax inside and out. Some are so set in their own ways that they will not budge to better the education of their students. I think for many educators, teaching has simply just become a job. It has become a routing to perform their job everyday, that they forget they have an enormous daily impact on the lives of 20+ students. I truly wish that I could see the era of reform for education, but I do not think it will be in my day. ( I know that is negative!). Although we have come so far with technology in education, education in itself is still the same. We still sit in a classroom and listen to a teacher. Teachers still just lecture. Students are still forced to simply sit and listen. We desperately need a change, but unfortunately I do not see it. I thank God for the amazing teachers we have learned about this semester. There truly are teachers out there who believe in a change, and I hope they know what an inspiration and what amazing individuals they are.

0 comments: