Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Monday, January 25, 2010

1,2,3... Whoa!

When watching this and thinking about my career, I do feel scared. I think these facts are scary for any student going into any field. I think we have two options. We can sit and be scared, or we can be a part of this change. If you choose the first option, you might not be very successful, in a professional sense. I know that I need to be the best possible teacher for my students, so I will roll with the change. I do not want to be in a discussion with my first graders and have no idea what programs or web pages they are even talking about.

I also think it is important for me to be a part of such things so I can be a role model for my kids. I am sure that many kids in the world would not have access to Blogger, Facebook, etc. if it was not for their teachers. I do not want to be the reason that my students are oblivious to what is going on in the world around them. I do not want to be the reason that they fall behind in life, and the reason that they do not explore tools other than textbooks.

1 comments:

Holly Ann said...

Lauren, I love this post! You're so right about not being successful if you can't reach your students. I was scared myself... all the way up to the first day of this class.. and now I realize what needs to be done to counteract the growing space between teacher and technology. If we set the example, as teachers, and share our excitement about learning (for ourselves)who knows what could come of that for a student!? Kudos Lauren, and I really enjoyed your others posts as well!