Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Monday, January 25, 2010

We Need Motivation

This was by far my favorite piece of work that we have been assigned to. I feel like this person completely read my thoughts and put them in a blog. It does seem that society thinks that technology will make the school system a better place. I think that is the idea because it is an easy idea. it is simple to stick a few more computers in the classroom and teach the kids how to use a few new programs, but that will not FIX anything. I do not even think we should be using the term, "fix". We should be thinking about improving, collaborating, creating, and re-building. I feel those are better ideas.

Technology is powerful and wonderful, yes, but we need motivating and inspired teachers to use it. Incorporating new technology into a lesson will have massive effects, but first off, the teacher has to believe in what he or she is teaching for anything to have a positive effect. Let's say that we do bring all kinds of amazing new technology into the classroom, it still will NOT improve anything if the teacher is not willing to be motivated to learn and explore.

1 comments:

Spring said...

I like how you said technology is "powerful and wonderful" but we just need to motivated and inspire others to use it. Great post!