Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mr. Winkle, Change is Inevitable.

Poor Mr. Winkle was so scared; if only he knew that his comfort zone was the scariest of all.
My feelings are quite torn about this movie. I think the concept was great; it was entertaining for certain. I do feel that our educational system uses technology more than what was displayed by Mr. Needleman, but it is not used as much as it should be. I feel that the original and "old school" form of education, such as sitting in desks with a teacher and a book in front of you, is the way to go, but I do think that technology such as smart boards should be incorporated to this.

New technology and change is wonderful, yes, but I think that we should spend less time with online courses and just stick to the basics. Students are going to get a positive learning experience from listening to a passionate and knowledgable teacher or professor, rather than staring at a computer screen memorizing what is supposed to be memorized.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that the movie was funny and interesting, but I think the message was a little extreme. There is only so much time in the day that school systems can devote to technology, but yes I feel that smartboards are an extremely important tool that every school should upgrade to, and yes I do think that schools could introduce newer forms of software, learning games, etc.

0 comments: