Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Podcast, Podcast.

These things are pretty cool, and very helpful! : ) I have to admit, they are WAY TOO LONG. Half of the information presented is completely and utterly useless! I would certainly enjoy "vod"casts more. Being able to visualize what is being talked about would certainly boost my interest level. I think if I listened to something that I was really into then I might have enjoyed it more.

As far as thinking about how they are done, I imagine these people wearing big headphones sitting in a recording studio in front of a microphone. Although, I know it is much more modern that that. I really enjoyed the SmartBoard lessons, because the guy gave a tip of the day while waiting in line at the coffee shop. I am assuming that he would use some sort of an IPod to record and upload this.

I did some googling on podcasts and found some pretty interesting stuff. One website compared blogging to podcasts. It said that blogging has allowed anyone with a computer to virtually become a reporter, while podcasting has allowed anyone with a computer to become a disc jockey, talk show host, or recording artist. I thought this was a pretty accurate compasrison. One of the coolest things I found while googling was the amount of interaction between education and podcasts. This tool has become increasingly useful in classrooms around the world. I truly can not wait until I can make my own podcast and upload it to SmartBoard and apply visual content to make an easy technology friendly lesson.

One of the episodes that I particularly enjoyed, I believe in EdTechTalk was a discussion on the newly released IPad. The hosts were comparing it to Kindel, and I learned some pretty useful information about the two products. I am now convinced that I would purchase an IPAd instead of a Kindel. I also enjoyed how the SmartBoard lessons allowed teacher from all over the US to call in and give examples and useful information on how they use their Boards. I took quite a few notes on some ideas that I will certainly use one day!

1 comments:

jaxon2015 said...

I am more of a visual learner, too. Your thought of an "easy technology friendly lesson" is very profound. It may take a while to get used to the technology, like a SmartBoard, but it can/will make teaching so much easier and hopefully interactive for the students.