Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Sunday, January 31, 2010

These Kids are Amazing!

I am literally speechless after watching these amazing kids. This teacher is such a blessing to her students; I know she understands what a huge impact she is making on their lives. They are learning so many life valuable tools that will help them excel far beyond other students their age. If only we could make every classroom like this...

The best part to me was when the students were sitting at a round table and every single one of them had a laptop! That was truly a beautiful picture. I think that all school systems should budget better and make sure that PLENTY of money is set aside for technology. These videos showed interactive learning at its best and how effective it is. You could see how these kids were extremely interested in what they were learning. It is a new age in time and teachers should understand that sitting kids in a desk with a book in front of their face is not always going to cut it. Teachers are always complaining about how their students are not interested in school whatsoever and I think these teachers need to understand that you have to use modern technological advances to keep their attention.

The part where the students were on Skype with a geologist a university was so advanced and interesting. I am in college and have never done anything that cool in a classroom. It was also great that the students were keeping in touch and sharing their work with a classroom in Alabama. You know, when I was their age, I remember my class being pen pals with a class in a different state. It would take weeks for our letters to go back and forth. Now, it is only a matter of seconds for students to interact with children their age, and it is utterly wonderful.

I only want to mention a more things I found to be interesting. ( I could write for days on this!) One, the fact that the teacher was incorporating technology and literacy lessons! While the students were obviously becoming more technologically advanced, they were sharing how they were learning how to read and write better. Two, the fact that their families were getting involved! School Systems are always having trouble getting parents involved and this is certainly a solution. I know that my mom would have loved to leave me a comment on my blog rather than looking at some test scores that my teacher sent home. This is a perfect way for parents to keep up with what their children are learning, and actually be a part of it!

0 comments: