Contact Info

WW2 Timelime

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Fisch Bowl Is...

BOLD!! I like it. This man speaks his mind and it is very inspiring. Assuming that it is okay for me to speak my mind, I think some of his ideas are extreme. Now, if technologically illiterate means that a teacher looks at a computer screen and does not know where to start, then yes we may have a big problem. But if we are meaning that a teacher is not up to date on the very latest invention, then that certainly does not mean that he or she will not be a successful educator.

I feel that as a teacher, I will be more concerned with the material being presented, and finding creative ways to teach and learn, rather than sitting on my behind staring at a computer screen for hours on end trying to learn new programs. YES, I will try and find interesting ways to incorporate tech stuff into my lessons, but I do not think it needs to be the basis behind education itself. Once again, I wish I knew what the definition of technologically illiterate was. I think it is an important aspect of any field, but I do not feel it is an extreme necessity like it is made out to be.

1 comments:

Tiffany Lindell said...

Lauren, great post. I enjoyed reading your comments about technology in classrooms. I am currently teaching 6th grade here in Mobile and I know that I am always trying to find a creative way to teach lessons. I have realized that all students learn in different ways. They always seem to stay focused and grades improve when new technologies are incorporated in my lessons. On the other hand, technology is not the only way to teach. I agree with that. Great job!